Thursday, February 10, 2011

Introduction and Purpose

I wanted to start a blog to share my experiences as a wife, mother, and an individual. I wanted to provide content that would capture a wide, yet narrow audience. I have an inter-racial family unit, and I wanted to share my processes along the way. I am of a white (Caucasian) decent, with mixes of German, Irish, and the rest is yet to be determined. My husband is black (African-American), with mixes of European/French. Our son is obviously a blended beauty, and words can’t describe how wonderful he truly is. Our journey has not been a smooth process, but we are working things out, like the rest of married couples, single mothers & fathers, relationships, etc.

Mr. Gavin decided he wanted to come ahead of the plans for mommy and daddy, but that was okay in our book. We initially had a big extravaganza planned, and partly paid for, but with the unforeseen events, we had to alter our primary plans. We had set the date for June 6, 2009, but Gav, was due in July. I did not want to have the baby and then get married, and I didn’t want to be a big prego bride either. What a dilemma! We chose option C, get married before the baby comes, and before I was a huge whale!! LOL

We married December 31, 2008, New Years Eve!! It was a glorious occasion, one filled with snowy white winters, and brisk winds. I could have only wished one thing to be different, that we would have included our closest friends and family. At the time, we really wanted an intimate ceremony, but in retrospect, we should have done things differently. Since I coordinated everything via email and the internet, I did not have high expectations of the actual location. I was completely blown away, by the degree of service we received at Richmond Hill Inn. It was a remarkable experience, and I highly recommend everyone to go to Ashville, NC at least once. The Biltmore House is breathtaking, and it is surrounded by rich history, that you can visualize.

After Gav was born, I decided to be a Stay-at-Home Mother. It has been a whimsical experience, filled with ups and downs. A snapshot glimpse of those months, will tell you that there is no handbook, or “how to be a mother book” that can prepare you for motherhood. You have to learn by experience, and that is the best way I can put it. During all of those months of nurturing, I forgot one fundamental thing, how to nurture myself. Women struggle with trying to find a balance of working, being a mother, and a wife. There is always going to be a segment that gets neglected. I have decided above all else, it was time for me to do something for me. I knew that my time as a stay-at-home mother was nearing, and it was time to figure out my goals, and career aspirations. I have decided to finish my pre-requisites for Nursing. I already hold a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration/Marketing, but I have found that path to be a dead end with our current economic state. It is going to take some hard work, dedication, and diligence to get me where I want to be, but I am confident that everything will work out.

In the meantime, I want to provide my readers with useful tips, on how women can juggle going back to school, being a mother, wife, etc. I want to encompass tips on how to raise a bi-racial child. Natural Skincare, Beauty tips, Recipes, and much much more!! If I can at least help one person, then I know that this blog was well worth my time! Enjoy and stay tuned!

Love Brooksy

2 comments:

  1. Your little boy is absolutely gorgeous! You must be such a proud mama.

    antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and yes I am very proud!!

    ReplyDelete